Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:06:22 -0500
From:      Matt Penna <mdp1261@ritvax.isc.rit.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        "Paul C. Boyle" <paulcb_mcse@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: 4.5 ISO Not consitant. I must press the issue.

At 11:46 AM 2/26/02 -0500, Paul C. Boyle wrote:
>I admit I am a newbie using FreeBSD. But I enjoy the community very much.
>I was using the 4.4 install of FreeBSD for a while, I had a few buggy things
>with it like the cdplayer in KDE did not work. Not a big deal really but I
>thought practice installing from scratch is good experience. I got a friend
>to download and burn the 4.5 iso's for me since I only have a 33.6 dial up.
>My problem starts with no KDE internet utilities for dialup on the disks.
>I want to install and get up and running quickly not have to find and learn
>an new dialup tool. Man was I pissed.  All of the other KDE packages were
>not on the cd's as well.

Paul,

There was a mistake in the 4.5-Release ISOs and a lot of KDE packages were
inadvertently left out. This question was just answered this morning in the
thread "KDE and FreeBSD ISO's."

You can find a list of the missing packages - and other problems with the
release - here:

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.5R/errata.html

I don't know KDE that well, but chances are the functionality you're
missing can be found in the omitted packages.

Probably the easiest way to install them would be to use the ports
collection, though I'm sure pre-compiled packages are available.

         Matt

--
Matt Penna                                      mdp1261@rit.edu
ICQ: 399825                                     S0ba on AOLIM