Date:      Wed, 08 Apr 1998 23:02:12 -0300
From:      Capriotti <capriotti@geocities.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Pentium MB [off-topic]

Hello all.

Sorry to post this here, but it's my best shot.

In my hands I have a Pentium MB, whose PCI slots are not working at all.

The original owner probably pulled the video card while the system was
energized.

The disk controller - embeded IDE, which I believe to be PCI - is working
fine, the system runs smooth with ISA cards, but when one plugs a PCI Video
card, no video signal is generated.

FreeBSD runs fine also, and so does WInblows.

Question: Does anyone knows, by chance what could possibly be change to fix
this problem ? (I feel confortable when dealing with soldering iron and
stuff like that, though I don't have an osciloscope, in case it is needed.)

Additional info:

Intel chipset.
1996 MB w/ 1993 BIOS (AMIBIOS AA0559458)
Manufacturer ?????
model 5DXP version 3.x
on board cache (256K I guess)
runnning Pentium chip at 150MHz