Date:      Tue, 4 Jan 2000 13:02:27 -0500
From:      Judd Storrs <judd@one.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: major number for libc_r bumped

Quoth Coleman Kane <cokane@one.net>:

> Hello, I have been trying to compile some programs, notably
> gNapster, and there doesn't seem to be any pthread_cancel function
> in libc_r. Is this an addition of Linux's that simply is not in
> FreeBSD's thread library, or is it planned for future inclusion?
> --coleman

Hey Coleman!

I was looking into this also a while ago for one of those gnome
napster clients. They were talking about this a while ago on
freebsd-hackers. My understanding is that pthread_cancel is in
-CURRENT and is not going to wander into 3.4. But it is a standard
POSIX call, and is documented at:

http://www.opengroup.org/public/pubs/online/7908799/xsh/pthread_cancel.html.

--judd