Date:      Wed, 5 Jul 2017 19:54:10 -0400
From:      Baho Utot <baho-utot@columbus.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD did it again (still)

Up graded an old laptop from 10.1 to 11.0-p10.  I then checked out the
latest quarterly ports.  I figured that FreeBSD would barf and I was not
disappointed.   Built the ports with synth and then I installed them,
xorg promptly shit itself.

So I typed pkg autoremove just for shits and giggles.  Before the
upgrade pkg autoremove did nothing ( nothing to remove ) the latest pkg
wanted to remove all of Xorg and some other things but not remove
lumina.  Figure that one out.

Working on figuring this out.

Can you tell me why FreeBSD doesn't need versioned ports again? I am
just looking for something that works, I don't need the last version of
xyz that just came off the press.

Thinking I may need to leave FreeBSD and find something that is
stable/works.  An upgrade from a recent version should not requir days
to weeks to get it to work.