Date:      19 Mar 2003 01:50:54 +0000
From:      Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
To:        Franz Klammer <klammer@webonaut.com>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gchempaint porting problem

On út, 2003-03-18 at 19:01, Franz Klammer wrote:
> Am Di, 2003-03-18 um 17.37 schrieb Pav Lucistnik:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to create my first GNOME port, it's chemistry painting
> > application gchempaint. I created port, it runs, but
> >
> > - there is nothing displayed in the drawing area
> > - toolbar with icons (like gimp) doesn't display icons, but you can get
> >   tooltip if you stay with mouse on it.
> >

> it starts and i see icons. also i can paint:
> http://webonaut.com/gchempaint.png
>
> but if i use the right mouse-button it dies.

Thanks for helping. Now I tried it on my home 5.0 box, and it works fine
(painting works, buttons are there, it dies on right clicks - there is
plenty of bad GTK bindings there, just start it from console and see,
but that's not really porting problem).

Now I must find out why it have troubles on my first box. Seems to be
broken GNOME installation.

> what i've seen is, that all shared libraries from gchemutils
> are statically linked against libc. which is not correct.
> i tried to solve this issue, but: sorry i must give up. :-/

I have it dynamically linked against libc_r.so and libstdc++.so.

If you will toy with it more, please refetch ports tarballs, I updated
them (I made mistakes in dependencies and in one patch).

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
Urciti programatori jsou schopni psat FORTRAN v jakemkoliv jazyce.