Date:      Fri, 15 Sep 1995 21:24:07 +0800 (WST)
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@jhome.DIALix.COM>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        jmacd@po.EECS.Berkeley.EDU, ports@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rdist-6.3

On Fri, 15 Sep 1995, Satoshi Asami wrote:
>  * Has anyone compiled rdist-6.3?  I compiled it using the bsdi
>  * includes and makefile and it compiled w/ no errors but core
>  * dumps as soon as it starts to transfer files.  Unfortunatly,
>  * the rdist in /usr/bin/ isn't good enough because the campus
>  * servers here only have really old versions of (mismatched
>  * versions) BSD rdist and rdist-6.3, something that comes from
>  * usc somewhere.
>
> You should ask Peter, he's done the rdist6 port, although it's version
> 6.1.  (He's reading this, so you should hear from him soon if he's not
> too busy with the repository stuff.)

rdist-6.3????  This is the first I've heard of it..

I checked ftp://usc.edu/pub/rdist again, and there's been no activity
there for over a year now.  The mailing list archive is showing a year
since the last message...

Somebody outside USC could have picked it up I guess, but I've not heard
of it.  If somebody knows something I dont, please tell me! :-)

Cheers,
-Peter