Date:      Wed, 3 Mar 1999 19:42:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      Patrick Seal <patseal@hyperhost.net>
To:        Glenn Chisholm <glenn@ircache.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Creating Floppy Disks To Austomate Inatallation

Never tried it but I guess could work?

1) download source on master machine
2) make buildworld (see tuturial on website)
3) make floppy with nfs, make, whatever the hell else is needed by
installworld

actually, I guess you could just nfs the other utilities instead of
putting them on the disk.

4) nfs mount the master on each clients (using a script upon startup on
the floppy?)

5) if all the machines are the same, (or the harddrives anyway) you could
automatically fdisk, etc. with the script.  If not, I guess you might have
to do that manually? (anyone?)

6) cd /usr/src;make installworld

I think I'm missing a step or two, I have a nasty flu and can hardly walk
straight!

Good Luck! and if you get this script working, please pass it my way!

Patrick Seal                        |"Microsoft isn't evil, they just make
<patseal@hyperhost.net>             |   really crappy operating systems."
Hyperhost - http://www.hyperhost.net| -Linus Torvalds
hosting and Design

http://www.freebsd.org - http://www.linux.org