Date:      Thu, 29 Nov 2001 03:00:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/32223: Port databases/mysql-jdbc-mm is quite outdated

The following reply was made to PR ports/32223; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.org>
To: Dave Glowacki <dglo@hyde.ssec.wisc.edu>,
	Kees Jan Koster <kjkoster@kjkoster.org>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, java@FreeBSD.org
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 11:50:12 +0100

 Dave, Kees Jan and all,

 Yeah, I think we should be careful before committing this port. IMHO we
 should allow people who use JDK 1.1.8 to use this port to install a JDBC 1
 driver. If someone is currently using the MM JDBC driver with JDK 1.1.8, then
 when (s)he does a portupgrade, everything should continue to work.

 So the alternatives are as follows:
 * Create a new port mysql-jdbc-mm2
 * Make sure that the mysql-jdbc-mm keeps working for JDBC 1 applications and
 that it supports JDBC 2 applications as well

 Ernst

 --
 Ernst de Haan
 EuroNet Internet B.V.

     "Come to me all who are weary and burdened
         and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ