Date:      Wed, 01 Jun 2005 11:06:09 -0400
From:      iampinetan@netscape.net
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Update to OpenKETA@FreeBSD v0.81

I feel so sorry to release two news at one day.

The first opened version of OpenKETA@FreeBSD(0.80-alpha) was released at 04/29/2005. And we just updated the newer version (v0.81) today.

ver. 0.81:
 1. Changes all initial & free functions. To avoid the error when
    free function try to call some uninitialed mutex when initial
    operations occured error.
 2. Changes the init_dc function. Let user can change the setting
    of total DC size with the help of /etc/keta_conf/keta.conf while
    do not need to update the macro's definition of DC_SIZE.
 3. Add valid checking process of socket list into receive thread.

Moreover I need some help about OpenKETA@FreeBSD v0.81's stability.

OpenKETA@FreeBSD will malloc more than 300 MB momory in kmem_map when it starts. When I use BenchMark Factory to test it it has pretty stability and can run more than two days continuously. While if I use SPECWeb99 to test it it just can run 5-7 hours and OS gives following information and panic

kmem_malloc(4096): kmem_map too small: 629145600 total allocated

I know it is the panic information of kmem_malloc. After I trace the panic context using KDB I got that all panices are results of soaccept or sosend.

I cannot get any ideas about the it.

When using BF the OS has more 20-30% idle CPU time, while when using SPECweb99 it will be busy 100%. Is the pager daemon can not scheduled to collect something to free memory list?

What is the reasons and solutions about it?

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.