Date:      Sun, 8 Oct 1995 21:00:43 +0100 (MET)
From:      dirk@hal.in-berlin.de (Dirk Froemberg)
To:        crtb@upcoming.dcrt.nih.gov (Chuck Bacon)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Perl5.001m dies quickly

Chuck Bacon writes:

> On a 486 w/20MB running FreeBSD 2.0.5R, tried to build perl5.001m.
> I ran ./Configure and took defaults throughout.  Hit return as
> suggested to run make depend, and got:
>
> Daisy10:51> make depend
> "Makefile", line 110: Need an operator
> "Makefile", line 233: Need an operator
> Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

Try to look for some extra tabs or spaces in the Makefile where
lines seem to be empty.  The make-util supplied with 2.0.5R is very
strict about parsing.

	Best regards Dirk

--
e-mail: dirk@hal.in-berlin.de		PGP-Public-Key available

Microsoft Network is prohibited from redistributing this work in
any form, in whole or in part. License to distribute this post is
available to Microsoft for $1000. Posting without permission
constitutes an agreement to these terms.