Date:      Thu, 05 Mar 1998 17:05:49 +0200
From:      Scott Myron <zamy27@hsonline.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   cdrom problem

I've got FreeBSD 2.2.5. when I try to take either the installation cd,
live cd or any of the other 2 cd's and try to mount them I have a
problem. I mount it, wait and it gives me an I/O error. like status
31:<ready,opdone,somethingelsehere>. and alot of other stuff. also when
I put any of those cd's in under windows. it takes about 3-5 minutes to
load. then when I try to click on the "f" drive it says either "device
not configured" or "device not connected" or something like that. and
this happens ONLY when I try the BSD cd's. now does this sound like a
problem with the CD's or does this sound like a problem with the CDROM.
because I can always get a set of new cd's.. thanks.