Date:      Sun, 16 May 1999 12:59:01 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Matthew Thyer <thyerm@camtech.com.au>
Cc:        Khetan Gajjar <khetan@os.org.za>, "Bret A. Ford" <bford@uop.cs.uop.edu>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Different SCSI probe behavior

In message <373EF0B7.60FE8868@camtech.com.au> Matthew Thyer writes:
: Every time I boot my -CURRENT system at work I get this problem.
: And for me its not recent, its been happening ever since the aha
: driver was finally converted to CAM I think (3 or 4 months I guess).
:
: I am using a 1542B with an old Wren drive and some other drive.
: (Wren 7G springs to mind but I cant be sure).  A 1.5GB and a 1.8GB
: drive are all I have on the SCSI bus.
:
: I haven't mentioned it because it still works OK after the 30 or
: so second delay and I'm too busy at work to provide enough
: information and follow an email exchange (as I'm not on the lists
: at work anymore).

Please try the latest aha driver.  Please do let me know if you see
this on your machine at boot, as I've not seen it on mine.  I'll do
more testing of different aha cards shortly...

Warner