Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 2000 19:18:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Eric Canale <ecanale@yahoo.com>
To:        FREEBSD-QUESTIONS@freebsd.org
Subject:   openSSH setup problems

Just completed my first FreeBSD install, but am having problems getting OpenSSH
to work.  Namely, anytime I try to login using an ssh client, I get the
following in /var/log/messages:

Jun  7 18:30:53 firewall1 sshd[296]: fatal: rsa_private_decrypt() failed.

I've spent the better part of the day trying trolling the search engines for
some clues, but have come up empty.  I even reinstalled the entire OS making
sure that to include the entire crypto distribution.  I'm at a total loss.

Here's my system infoL

uname -a
FreeBSD firewall1.mothership.com 4.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE #0: Mon Mar 20
22:50:22 GMT 2000     root@monster.cdrom.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386

/usr/sbin/sshd -v
sshd version OpenSSH-1.2.2

Any help would be greatly appreciated.