Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 1997 16:00:16 -0000
From:      "GKN Chep SA (Pty) Ltd" <gknchep@iafrica.com>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FW: FreeBSD dialup via a switch board

Hello,

We have changed one of our customer packages (similar to an accounting package) from DOS to Unix FreeBSD.  After many attempts at installing I managed to get to the thing going.  luckily, thanks to the internet, we managed to get the dialup comms going.  This allowed us the facility to dial into clients machines and perform routine maintenance.  One of my new problems is that a couple of our customers have switchboards.  I have tried to find the answer on the net but have yet to find anything concrete.

My only other option is to get the client to dial-up an ISP and then notify me of the IP address.  Once connected I can access his machine.  This is tedious and requires hi input from the customer side as well as an additional ISP account per switchboard client.

Please can you help.

Dale Tuck (wet behind the ears!)