Date:      Tue, 23 Jul 2002 10:53:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Nathan Vidican" <>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   named issues... any ideas what this error intails?

Just recently switched from a dedicated ISDN connection to a faster DSL
pipe. During the switch we moved a few thigns around, (namely that the
old firewall/natd box became the static router too - cisco router for
isdn went out the window). No major changes software wise, short of the
actual IP addresses which the system runs from, (went to a completely
different carrier). All of the sudden, bind just will not run. Our
email services are down, squid is slow as mud, and things just
generally suck!
   Here's what I get logged to /var/log/messages:

Jul 23 10:42:20 home named[9937]: starting BIND 9.2.1
Jul 23 10:42:20 home named[9937]: entropy.c:279: unexpected error:
Jul 23 10:42:20 home named[9937]: fcntl(35, F_SETFL, 4): Inappropriate
ioctl for device

I have no idea what this means, nor how to fix it. Never did so until
now, and I can't see th reason why? Any ideas, comments, suggestions,
or even lectures would be greatly appreciated.

--
Nathan Vidican
Nathan@Vidican.com