Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 1996 11:38:27 GMT+0100
From:      "Kees Jan Koster" <Kees.Koster@nym.sc.philips.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mixing EDO and non-EDO ram question

Hoi Hardware,

I just bought an ExpertBoard 6881 with an AMD 5k86-P100 cpu and
32Mb EDO ram in bank 0.

I was wondering: If I stick my old (non-EDO) 8Mb into bank , does the
board decide to not use the EDO-ness of the ram in bank 0?

CMOS configuration of this board is pretty straight-forward and does even
make some kind of sense if you think about it (and it's mouse-driven).
I must say the CMOS setup is easier to use than that of my previous
SOYO board. However, I have much less control over the memory timing,
so I'd like to know how to configure the memory timing settings (you
know: the 4-2-2-2 stuff). Any ideas?

Groetjes,
  Kees Jan