Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 2002 22:48:14 +0100
From:      Michael Bretterklieber <mbretter@inode.at>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libradius problem

Hi,

Michael Bretterklieber wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I found a problem in libradius.
>
> The structure-member req_len is in rad_auth_open() not initialized with 0.
>
> I'm writing a php-module for this lib and I found that this value was
> not zero after rad_auth_open() and therfore I got "Maximum message
> length exceeded" calling rad_put_string() the first time.
>
> Maybe its better to initialize this with 0.

I finaly found the reason, I called rad_put_string() without creating a
request before with rad_create_request().

Maybe it will be better to let rad_put_string() fail with an error
message saying something like "rad_create_request" not called.

bye,
--
Michael Bretterklieber        - Michael.Bretterklieber@jawa.at