Date:      14 Feb 2001 11:42:25 +0000
From:      Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk>
To:        Sergei Vyshenski <svysh@pn.sinp.msu.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: apache wants mod_env.c

Sergei Vyshenski <svysh@pn.sinp.msu.ru> writes:

> /usr/local/etc/rc.d# ./apache.sh start
>
> it says:
>
> Syntax error on line 227 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
> Cannot add module via name 'mod_env.c': not in list of loaded modules
>
> What is it and how I can make apache run?

Mod_env allows apache to pass environment variables to cgi
scripts. You don't really need it for serving flat content, but it can
be useful for serving up cgi scripts.

To disable it, comment out the LoadModule and the AddModule lines that
refer to it. To make sure that it is built, do

./configure --enable-module=all --enable-shared=max

This will build all apache modules and will build as many as possible
as DSO's...

--
- Wayne Pascoe
E-mail: wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk