Date:      Mon, 7 Aug 2000 04:07:52 -0400
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "extra" files

On Mon, Aug 07, 2000 at 12:24:15AM -0700, Satoshi Asami wrote:
> This is just another gentle reminder to check the "extras" page on
> bento and fix your PLISTs to list everything you install from your
> ports.  According to the latest run, there are 678 extra files or
> directories (which could contain some files, of course) that are not
> properly handled in PLISTs.
>
>   http://bento.FreeBSD.org/errorlogs/errorlogs/a.4.20000804/extras.html

I have a question about this.  I *always* use find(1) to generate
PLISTs, but I leave out "common" directories in favor of using mtree.
However, I don't know the Right Way (tm) to share a mtree file among
ports so that directories get deleted properly.

Any suggestions on implementing mtree files for things like kde?  :P

--
Will Andrews <andrewsw@purdue.edu> <will@FreeBSD.org>
GCS/E/S @d- s+:+ a--- C++ UB++++$ P+ L- E--- W+ N-- !o ?K w---