Date:      Sun, 04 May 2003 20:59:09 +0200
From:      Michael Bretterklieber <mbretter@jawa.at>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@freebsd.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wicontrol -t 5 => typo in message

Hi,

Doug Barton schrieb:
> On Sat, 3 May 2003, Michael Bretterklieber wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>there is a typo in the message printed aut after wicontrol -t 5:
>>wicontrol: t obsolete, use ifconfig meidaopt
>>
>>I guess it should be: mediaiopt
>

> Well no, it should be "mediaopt," but I think your sources are out of
sure, my typo :-(

> date. Version 1.34 of mediaopt.c does not have this problem, can you check
>
> ident /usr/sbin/wicontrol

I have 1.33 here, so i should upgrade.

BTW: I'm connecting here two PC's (5-current, 4.8) with 2 Netgear Cards
(MA401 and MA311) and it works great!

The only two problems I had:
- on the current Box I had to set the speed manualy otherwise I get from
wicontrol:
wicontrol: SIOCGWAVELAN: Invalid Argument
- It looks like the interface is shutdown implicitely if the carrier was
lost, so I had to "ifconfig wi0 up" to re-establish the connection,

bye,
--
Michael Bretterklieber        - Michael.Bretterklieber@jawa.at