Date:      Tue, 2 Oct 2001 22:41:38 -0700
From:      "Kory Hamzeh" <kory@avatar.com>
To:        "James Mclean" <james@adam.com.au>, <buga@lemis.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Apache 1.3 and mod_php4

> All,
>
> I have installed Apache 1.3 and mod_php4 via the Ports system,
> However I cannot
> seem to get the PHP side going correctly.
>
> There was no errors installing any of the packages.
> When i try to add the required lines to the httpd.conf, it fails
> to load. it
> did not seem to put the required file into the libexec/apache directory.
>
> Perhaps i am looking in the wrong place...?
>
> php4 was installed with PDF,GD,MySQL etc, and the machine is
> FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE
>
> I am unable to include the httpd.conf here, i do not have access
> to the machine
> from here.
>
> Any Pointers?
>
> TIA
>
> James Mclean

I just did this on RELEASE-4.3 and it worked almost perfectly -- a apachectl
restart did not take effect, so I just rebooted the machine and it came up
just fine. I suspect an apachectl stop and then a start may have done the
same thing, but I'm kind of reboot happy anyway.

I did not need to modify httpd.conf in any way, the stock conf file
contained all of the needed directives for php.

Kory