Date:      Thu, 13 Apr 2000 09:47:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   docs/17972: example "refuse" supfile

>Number:         17972
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       FreeBSD has no example refuse supfile
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:

This hasn't existed in FreeBSD since 1995, and still doesn't.

People don't understand how to make CVSup refuse to update certain
files.  This pops up on -questions and -stable repeatedly.

>How-To-Repeat:

ls /usr/share/examples/cvsup/

>Fix:

Here is my suggested file: /usr/share/examples/cvsup/refuse

#This is an example "refuse file".  You can copy this file to
#/usr/sup/refuse and uncomment what you want.
#
#Any file listed in /usr/sup/refuse will not be touched by cvsup.  For
#example, if you've modified /usr/src/etc/sendmail/freebsd.mc to
#reflect your local configuration, and you don't CVSup to touch that
#file, you can uncomment this:
#
#etc/sendmail/freebsd.mc
#
#If you list a directory, changes to any files beneath that directory
#will be rejected.  For example, if you are an English speaker and are
#not tracking the foreign-language ports, you can uncomment the following.
#
#ports/chinese
#ports/german
#ports/japanese
#ports/korean
#ports/russian
#ports/vietnamese
#
#If you refuse large sections of the system (for example, bin/), make
#world might refuse to work properly.