Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 1999 16:41:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Lars Strobor <lars@maximillion.sscsinc.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Using 5 or more SCSI CD-R burners with FreeBSD

Hello,
I am interested in putting together a machine to burn lots of CD-ROM's
for software distribution. I want to put anywhere from 5 to 10, 8 speed
burners in the system that will write one ISO image at the same time using
multiple processes of cdrecord. My question is will the SCSI subsystem on
FreeBSD handle this, and has anyone ever tried this? I have explored the
possibility of using Linux, but it looks like there is a problem with
limited buffers in the SCSI generic driver. Does FreeBSD have the same
problem, or does FreeBSD Rock. Any help or insight would be greatly
appreciated.

-Lars