Date:      Fri, 24 Oct 1997 21:39:35 -0700
From:      Parker Brown <phbrown@gte.net>
To:        support@freebsd.org
Subject:   EIDE/CD-ROM problems on 2.2.2

kernel.GENERIC supports my CD_ROM configuration (486/VESA/EIDE, the only
device on wdc1) as have previous releases.  But any rebuilt kernels
(made from copied and edited LINT) just say "device not configured".
There was a note in LINT that said something like "NB: EIDE not
supported", or something like that, but it's hard to imagine dropping
support just yet.  Both controllers on EIDE board defined, as is wcd0.
Please help me find a way around this problem so I can mount my CD's.
Thanks.