Date:      Thu, 25 Nov 1999 13:31:42 +0800 (WST)
From:      Michael Kennett <mike@laurasia.com.au>
To:        01031149@3web.net (Duke Normandin)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Programmers' editor?

Hi Duke,

[rant about vi trimmed]

> I'm outta here --- back to man setterm -- I hate white-on-black. I
> fell like I'm in a funeral parlor :-) BTW, Greg -- thanks for your
> comments/suggestions re FBSD UGs!

That's not going to help you (on *BSD at least). I'd have a look at
vidcontrol (1). It controls the screen colours, amongst other stuff.

e.g.  $ vidcontrol  yellow blue

changes the foreground colour to yellow, background to blue.

Read the manpage.... and have a play,

Mike Kennett
(mike@laurasia.com.au)

PS. FWIW, I'm a vi user :-)