Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2000 23:03:15 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Blaz Zupan <blaz@amis.net>
To:        Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Onboard Intel NIC

> If you dont have time then perhaps someone else should do it. THATS the
> point.

Sure. Nobody will complain if you start working on it!

> Its an important driver. People get upset when they can't run full-duplex
> mode. It makes linux MUCH more attractive when you can run your $39. card
> at twice the speed.

I run the Intel Etherexpress in full duplex without any problems.

> Whether you are angry at me or not is no reason to punish the communiity.
> If you think that you are just doing this for me because I'm the only one
> with the nerve to complain then you dont understand your obligation to the
> user base.

OBLIGATION? Excuse me?

> Plus I've already fixed it myself. So if you fix it its not for me at all.

Have you contributed the fix to FreeBSD? I think I know the answer.

Blaz Zupan, blaz@amis.net, http://home.amis.net/blaz/
Medinet d.o.o., Linhartova 21, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia