Date:      Wed, 4 Jul 2001 10:21:03 +0930
From:      "Marc Dodsworth" <marcd@internode.on.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   using fixit floppy/CD-ROM

Hi

Playing around with Windows 2000, I seem to have somehow changed my slice
numbers and as a result FreeBSD no longer finds things where they should be.
da0s2a is now da03a and so fourth (my Windows 2000 partition when from being
slice 0 to slice 4)

What's the best way to get in and edit my /etc/fstab file?  My system is
running 4.3 but my CD-ROMs are the 4.0 distribution.
I boot usnig the live filesystem CD and use the fixit CD option I can't
mount my drive - there are only slice entries in /dev but not for partitions
and there is no makedev to create it.

thankx in advance for any help

Marc