Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 2006 13:58:18 +0100
From:      Ihsan Dogan <ihsan@dogan.ch>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS file locking problems on 6.1

Hello,

I'm running an NFS server and a client on 6.1. On the client the the
/home is mounted through /etc/fstab from the nfs server.

rc.conf on the server:
rpcbind_enable="YES"    # Run the portmapper service (YES/NO).
mountd_enable="YES"     # Run mountd (or NO).
nfs_server_enable="YES" # This host is an NFS server (or NO).
nfs_server_flags="-u -t -n 8"   # Flags to nfsd (if enabled).
nfs_client_enable="YES" # This host is an NFS client (or NO).
rpc_lockd_enable="YES"  # Run NFS rpc.lockd needed for client/server.
rpc_statd_enable="YES"  # Run NFS rpc.statd needed for client/server.

rc.conf on the client:
nfs_client_enable="YES"         # This host is an NFS client (or NO).
rpcbind_enable="YES"            # Run the portmapper service (YES/NO).
rpc_lockd_enable="YES"  # Run NFS rpc.lockd needed for client/server.
rpc_statd_enable="YES"  # Run NFS rpc.statd needed for client/server.

fstab on the client:
defiant.lan.dogan.ch:/export/storage0/home /home nfs noinet6,tcp,rw 0 0

My problem is, that after a reboot of the client the file locking is
working fine. When the applications are starting to lock files, it's
impossible to lock files from the client anymore.

I'm wondering now if I have a configuration mistake or a if I'm running
into a bug.

Ihsan

--
ihsan@dogan.ch          http://ihsan.dogan.ch/