Date:      Wed, 14 Jun 2006 21:44:56 +1000
From:      "Gary" <gary@pattersonsoftware.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Process for cloning freebsd

Hello all,

I intend to clone a master freebsd box (6.1-stable) so that I can roll boxes
as fast as possible. These won't be identical machines btw. This comes up
from time to time, but I wanted to specifically check security concerns and
other things.

What sensitive information may be copied that must be removed/regenerated?
For example, ssh keys. How would these be regenerated (like the screenful of
junk with a new install)?

Are there any other similar security issues? How about any other unexpected
problems? I'm thinking I only need to change the hostname

I was planning to Ghost the harddrives.

Cheers
Gary