Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 1999 14:11:59 -0700
From:      gregm@netidea.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SBLive and harddisk recording

The machine I run FreeBSD came to an untimely end. I'm trying to
decide how how to recombine my machines to get rolling again.
One option is to use a machine that has a SBLive in it for
FreeBSD. It's main use now is for stereo mix down (harddrive
recording and CD mastering). If there is support for SBLive and the
SPDIF along with software that supports direct to disc recording
and CD mastering I could just put FreeBSD 3.2. So my long wind
up to the big pitch. Are the drivers and software available? I'm
hesitant to use a boot manager and split the disc because of the
direct to disc recording.
There used to be a mail list for multi-media. Is it still going? If so
could someone give me the name? It isn't listed on the
FreeBSD.org pages.
TIA and regards,
Greg Martin