Date:      Wed, 6 Nov 2002 17:49:17 +0700
From:      budsz <budsz@kumprang.or.id>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Sendmail questions

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 08:56:29AM +0000, Matthew Seaman wrote:
>I presume you've got mailwrapper set up such that /usr/sbin/sendmail
>will pipe messages into qmail, rather than the standard BSD sendmail
>--- check the contents of /etc/mail/mailer.conf if you need to make
>sure.

Thx Matthew,

Yes, I've done. This my mailwrapper:

#sendmail	/usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail
#send-mail	/usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail
#mailq		/usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail
#newaliases	/usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail
#hoststat	/usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail
#purgestat	/usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail

sendmail	/var/qmail/bin/sendmail
send-mail	/var/qmail/bin/sendmail
mailq		/var/qmail/bin/sendmail
newaliases	/var/qmail/bin/sendmail
hoststat	/var/qmail/bin/sendmail
purgestat	/var/qmail/bin/sendmail

>In which case, you don't have any sort of problem apparent with your
>mail system.  What you do have is the FreeBSD periodic(8) system
>running scripts that use BSD sendmail specific flags.  Other than
>annoying error messages in your daily e-mail, that has no deleterious
>effect.
>
>You can suppress the error message by turning off the check for
>messages in the submit queue.  Add:
>
>    daily_submit_queuerun="NO"
>
>to /etc/periodic.conf (If /etc/periodic.conf doesn't exist, just
>create it with that line as the only contents).  See
>/etc/defaults/periodic.conf for all the possible settings to tweak ---
>instructions on how to do that are in the comments at the top of the
>file.

OK, If I turn off this option (daily_submit_queuerun) of couse error
message doen't apparent but this step lessen information right?. How if
change queue sendmail system to queue qmail system. This purpose is I'll
get cron message from queue qmail system. It's possible sir?

Anyway I found sendmail submit or other option sendmail in (/etc/default/rc.conf)
for new version FreeBSD, Before this, I use FreeBSD 4.6 STABLE,
I didn't found this option. So this utilities for what..?

TIA

--
budsz