Date:      Wed, 20 Jan 1999 16:01:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      David Hummel <dnh@darius.pce.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Informix on FreeBSD (production environment)

Hi,

Sorry to start this again, but I couldn't find much on the mailing lists
archives.

I need to run Informix in a production environment as a data replication
server for Informix on a Solaris environment. My choices for platform are
limited, at least for now, to i386 architecture. For obvious reasons I
want to run it FreeBSD, possibly Linux, with NT as a last resort.

If I recall correctly, some people were (at least somewhat) successful
getting Informix to run under Linux emulation. Could someone who has
played with it please summarize the success/failure/caveats they've
experienced?

There was also some discussion on the legality of doing this, based on the
license agreement. Were any conclusions drawn?

Thanks,
Dave