Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2001 21:28:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dan Ellard <ellard@eecs.harvard.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Dan Ellard <ellard@eecs.harvard.edu>
Subject:   installing boot manager

I just installed FreeBSD 4.3 on one of the disks on my PC.  The PC has
several SCSI disks:  BSD/OS 4.1 is installed on disk 0 and FreeBSD 4.3
on disk 1.

The install seemed to go OK, but although I indicated that I wanted to
install the FreeBSD boot manager, it never asked me to configure it,
and it didn't seem to get installed.  This leaves me baffled because
now I don't know how to boot into FreeBSD!

When I reboot or reset the machine it goes straight to sd0 and boots
BSD/OS, same as before.  I need to have a choice for booting either
OS.  Any ideas?  (Do you know if there is a BSD/OS boot manager of
some kind?)

Thanks,
	-Dan