Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 17:20:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Deepwell Internet <freebsd@deepwell.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: looking for scripts

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Deepwell Internet wrote:
>    I'm looking for a good search CGI I can let our webhost customers use.
> I haven't been able to find one that can perform all the functions I'm
> looking for and I'm thinking of writing one unless it has already been
> done.  If someone knows of one please let me know so I don't reinvent this.
>
> -I need a CGI I can place in our general cgi-bin directory.  I don't want a
> copy of the CGI per host account.
>
> -It needs to read a field to tell it the base document root to begin
> searching in.  I'd like to find some security features too so the user
> isn't able to search the /etc/ directory for example.  I'm thinking of
> doing this by use of .websearch files placed in the directory working like
> .htaccess files.

See htdig.sdsu.edu

You need to setup a config file for each site using it but the template
files and index files can go in their website for customization and
accounting.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com