Date:      Tue, 23 Jun 1998 07:23:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Greg <gpavelcak@philos.umass.edu>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Quake2 and bad system call-- misleading post.

I don't know how I lost track of my attempts to solve my
"bad system call" problem with Quake2, but my previous post
suggested that all I needed to do was unpack the Quake sources and
remove COMPAT_LINUX from my kernel. That is not true. I also needed
to apply linux.diffs.tar.gz from http://www.schrade.com/sanctum/freebsd.
One hunk did not apply cleanly to my -current sources from Fri.
6/19, but I tried running Quake2 anyway, and it seems to be
working. Just wanted to clear that up.

As usual, the FreeBSD lists were very helpful. Special thanks to
Amancio Hasty and Daniel O'Connor for their help.

Now, if I only had adequate hardware to run this game.

Hmmm. Makes me think about buying some stuff.

Take care all.

Greg