Date:      Fri, 26 Jul 1996 20:27:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ken Marsh <durang@u.washington.edu>
To:        silenus <silenus@alaska.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   What to download for min install

What you want to download is in FreeBSD/2.1.5-RELEASE/bin/*
put them in C:\Freebsd\bin\*.*

Then grab FreeBSD/2.1.5-RELEASE/floppies/*
put them in C:\Freebsd\floppies\*.*

and while you're at it grab FreeBSD/2.1.5-RELEASE/manpages/*
and put them in C:\Freebsd\manpages\*.*

This will take hours to download. The manpages are "optional" but you will
need them desparately, so best to get them right away.

Make the boot floppy as per documentation you've seen, and use the
"Install from a DOS partition" option when you are doing the install.

Ken Marsh