Date:      Thu, 17 Sep 1998 22:07:05 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.org>
To:        Joachim Kuebart <joki@kuebart.stuttgart.netsurf.de>
Cc:        ken@plutotech.com (Kenneth D. Merry), joki@kuebart.stuttgart.netsurf.de, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LINT not up to date

> :-) They're in the "more undocumented options" section, that's why
> I deleted them in my working copy. I stumbled across them when
> looking at GENERIC and wondered. Oh well -- if they're that exotic
> it's OK with me. But the QLogic tweak seems to be undocumented to
> me...

While we're on the topic...

In my -current kernel config file, which was make from scratch under
2.2 and has been frequently frobbed since, I noticed the following bit
under "Security and Debugging":

options		UCONSOLE
# options		log	# Not in GENERIC?
pseudo-device	snp	4
options		DDB
options		DDB_UNATTENDED
# options		GDB_REMOTE_CHAT

I guess that "options log" was from some -current, but don't remember
what it did or what it does.  It's in neither LINT nor GENERIC now.
Is it still something useful?

Best,
joelh

--