Date:      Thu, 2 Jul 2009 08:27:31 -0400
From:      Daniel Underwood <djuatdelta@gmail.com>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: POLL: Linux preferences from FreeBSD users

>> I'm very interested to see the spread of opinion about Linux
>> distributions from FreeBSD fans.
>
> Why?

Good question.  Because of the perspective many FreeBSD fans (people
who like and use FreeBSD) have toward *NIX OS's.  You said it well:

> "Modern" Linux distributions don't appeal very much to me, because
> they are messy: Missing manpages, partially ununderstandable file
> system hierarchy layout, untidy source code.

These are things, I'm guessing, that the casual Linux user may not
appreciate.  Someone who has a great deal of experience with both
FreeBSD and various Linux distributions, however, probably would
appreciate these things.  If I were to poll a sample of individuals
who only have experience with, say, Windows and Linux, then the
different set of criteria.