Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 2000 12:19:51 -0500
From:      Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>
To:        Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: logout on KDE 2

RS> I've tried both.  audioserver -- no use.  kde init -- one may as well
RS> use ctrl-alt-bksp to kill X altogether...

The part about the audio server was to disable it.  Then on subsequent
KDE sessions, you should be able to log out.  This was my experience
with 2.0, for 2.0.1 it works just fine every time.

I guess killing a process should have been killing ksmserver rather
than kdeinit.  That does a resonably clean logout.