Date:      Wed, 24 May 2000 21:41:33 EDT
From:      Fravlahua@aol.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   x windows problem

Hello. My names Josh,

    I recently installed Freebsd 3.4 Release on my computer. I downloaded
everything from the ftp site and and installed it through a dos partition.
After installing FreeBSD i tried to install the ports. That didn't want to
install because it said that it wasn't found on the dos partition, but it's
there because I see it everytime I am in windows. How can I get the ports to
install?
    Also I have another much more important question. I tried to configure
the XFree86 and it seems that it will not be configured right. I tried to run
the XF86Setup but it would not work. Everytime i tried to run startx to see
if it would work i would get the message "(errno2)" what can I do to solve
this problem? I live in Grand Rapids Michigan and it seems that there are not
many people here that know about how to configure Xwindows or that even know
what UNIX is. I would appreciate all the help that you could give me. Thank
you for your time.

    Josh