Date:      Wed, 9 May 2001 08:32:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dru <genisis@istar.ca>
To:        Patrick Roberts <roberph@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: COM terminal not working properly (2)

Hi Patrick,

Are you able to dial at all, even with the weird behaviour?

I've seen this on several occasions helping others install their systems
at our BSD club. I've never had a chance to pinpoint the exact cause
(e.g. model of modem, COM port, CMOS settings, etc.) but I don't recall
not being able to get anyone to dial out after a bit of effort.

If you're not dialing at all, what type of modem are you using and on
which port?

Dru