Date:      Wed, 28 May 2008 06:36:31 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        sonicy@otenet.gr
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Wiki style FAQ proposal

----Security_Multipart(Wed_May_28_06_36_31_2008_208)--

Manolis Kiagias <sonicy@otenet.gr> wrote
  in <483C7AD4.5090409@otenet.gr>:

so> Gabor Pali actually had the nice idea that the wiki could have two areas, like a "CURRENT" and "STABLE" branch. More people could contribute in the current branch, and then the maintainer(s) could move what would be considered more valuable content to the 'stable' branch. This would also mean there is enough quality control and the whole thing does not become disorganized.

 Two quick questions.  You mean wiki holds entire copy of the FAQ
 entries?  My understanding is that we have to edit "CURRENT", move it
 to "STABLE", and move it to the static version out of the wiki
 ("STABLE") finally.  Is that right?  I vaguely feel this needs a lot
 of care and prevents quick update.

 The second one is that which do we publish as one the average user
 should read.  If all the three have whole copy of FAQ entries with
 some difference from each other, the user (and even committer) will
 get confused.