Date:      Tue, 12 Mar 2002 21:23:58 +0200
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with SASLDB after upgrading cyrus-sasl

Hello!

I was previously running cyrus-sasl 1.5.24 and after today's security
advisory decided to upgrade the port to latest, which is 1.5.27

After the upgrade the system seems unable to use the old sasldb
database. I'm getting the following in the log:

unable to open Berkeley db /usr/local/etc/sasldb: Invalid argument

This happens when someone tries to authenticate to my Cyrus IMAP
server, and also when I try to run saslpasswd from command line.

After the upgrade I had these two files

-rw-r-----  1 cyrus  mail  24576 Mar 12 20:33 sasldb
-rw-r-----  1 cyrus  mail  45056 Mar 11 09:11 sasldb.db

The newer 'sasldb' has modification date *after* the upgrade, whereas
the older 'sasldb.db' has modification date *before* the upgrade. As
the .db file is also bigger, I suspect that this is where all the
passwords of my users are.

I can add users to sasldb with saslpasswd, and then they can
authenticate to IMAP server, but I don't want to re-enter all the
users.

I tried copying sasldb.db to sasldb, but this causes the 'Invalid
argument' error message (see above).

Is there a way for me to continue using the old password database with
new cyrus-sasl?
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* If you don't think women are explosive, drop one.