Date:      Wed, 1 Aug 2018 09:51:46 -0700
From:      Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X11 not working on 11-STABLE with AMDGPU

On 8/1/18 7:14 AM, Piotr Kubaj wrote:
> I did test after sending previous mail, but loading amdgpu from
> drm-stable-kmod makes the computer just restart :/

that's not good - if you feel like trying to debug that issue you can
set the following sysctl knobs which should generate and save a corefile
when it panic's:

set this in sysctl.conf:
|debug.debugger_on_panic=0|

|and add this to /boot/loader.conf:|
|dev.drm.skip_ddb="1"

then, if you have dumpdev defined like so in rc.conf it should save a
core in /var/crash:
dumpdev="AUTO"

this sounds like a regression if things were working with a previous
build but i reckon we'll need more info to help debug.

-pete|

--
Pete Wright
pete@nomadlogic.org