Date:      Thu, 23 Jul 1998 10:26:22 +0200
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Install without a floppy

Hello!

I've got a Toshiba laptop where the floppy drive is dead. So I tried to just
copy the files (via the network) install.bat, fbsdboot.exe, kernel and
fips.exe to my hard disk in the laptop. But when I try to run fips.exe the
machine hangs. (The same goes for fbsdboot.exe) I've started the machine without any config.sys or autoexec.bat
Is this a possible way to install? Have I missed any files that was needed?
The FreeBSD CD is on a FreeBSD box on the network.

--
regards, Gunnar
email: flygt@sr.se