Date:      19 Oct 2005 09:30:18 -0400
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        RJ45 <rj45@slacknet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pam authentication

RJ45 <rj45@slacknet.com> writes:

> I have a central authentication server (Windows 2K3), active directory.
> Not for my choice... I need to authenticate users of BSD boxes
> upon the windows server.
> How can I make a smb authentication ?
> can I use pam ?
> how to do it?
> how to delegate authentication to the WinDOS 2003 server

I haven't used any of this, but it sure looks like it's possible.
The Handbook section on Samba mentions winbindd(8).

You'll need Samba installed, and you will need to make sure the knobs
for LDAP and winbind, at least, are enabled.

That should be enough of a pointer for you to find the documentation.
		http://be-well.ilk.org/~lowell/