Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 00:19:50 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
To:        Peter <peter@sysadmin-inc.com>
Cc:        Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.3-STABLE mergemaster problems

> After running mergemaster -ai on a newly updated system, i went back to run
> mergemaster -rv
> however it is unable to install files i tell it to.  Only saying
> *** Problem installing ./dev/MAKEDEV, it will remain to merge by hand
> It gives this error on every file.
> Is there something wrong with mergemaster in 4.3?

I am running (right now) a "4.3-STABLE FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE #0: Sun Jun 10
17:50:16 CEST" system.

I saw those errors while running a simple mergemaster -v -d. So I went
diff'ing here and there to see what had just happened. AFAICT, nothing
serious. The files had been correctly updated (despite the messages stating
exactly the contrary).

You may wish to just run mergemaster once again **after** updating your
configuration files. N.B. in the first run, you will have to ignore the
complaints about the impossibility of installing the various relevant files.

It seems to be a harmless bug. I simply didn't find time to complain a couple
of days ago, and I almost forgot all about it :-)

-- Salvo