Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 15:20:03 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Subject:   Re: test results for Lynx (AS2100A)

>  > >From the time I spent reading the Sable/Lynx code in the Linux tree, the
>  > two principal differences were the base address for 'interesting'
>  > register space, and the interrupt layout.  I'd be fairly certain that
>  > things are different on the 2100A.
>
> Where did you see a description of the Lynx's interrupt routing???
> Which kernel version?  Or what patch set?

Well, I *thought* I recalled two separate *_map_irq() functions with
different swizzle tables, but of course now there's only one. 8(

This would have been about a year or so ago, if I'm not entirely
delusional.  If I am, then sorry. 8(

> All I see is "PCI Fixup configuration for ALPHA SABLE (2100) - 2100A is different ??"
> And I've read some comments in the alpha-linux lists saying that lynx
> isn't supported..

I was never able to get any Linux variant going on the AS2100, so I'm not
sure how relevant any of that code really is. 8)