Date:      Fri, 30 Jan 1998 09:32:47 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade <paulo@fiscodata-pr.netpar.com.br>
To:        sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Kurt Olsen <kurto@bootp.sls.usu.edu>, doconnor@gsoft.com.au, mike@smith.net.au, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Descent Sources

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998 sos@FreeBSD.ORG wrote:

> > VGL needs a little adjustment to it's keyboard init function to
> > really support games.  In the raw and code modes the tty code in
> > the kernel filters out all TABs, 'u's and a couple of others (at
> > least I think it's the tty.)  I have a few lines of code I put into
> > doom to make it work under VGL.  Let me know if you are interested.
>
> Could you be bit more specific on this ??
> I see problems with 'u' beeing delayed in another game, but I dont
> think the kernel is to blame (could be wrong though as I havn't
> investigated further).
> If you have patches to doom, let me know, and we should make
> a packages/port out of it..
>
> 						Søren

    I have noticed a problem with TAB too, even using VGL_RAWKEYS the
program never see a TAB (thought it was my code). It is in a quick hack
on a Master System/Game Gear and a Game Boy emulator. I was choosing TAB
as the 'reset button', but ended using BACKSPACE.
    Besides there is a version of these emulators in the ports (for X),
in case somebody want a console (hacked) version, the url is:
http://fiscodata-pr.netpar.com.br/~paulo

--
Don't get suckered in by the comments -- they can be terribly
misleading.  Debug only code.