Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 1997 14:15:51 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "K.R.Marshall" <K.R.Marshall@ukc.ac.uk>
To:        Miroslav Kes <mira@rockwell.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CD-ROM changer, mount : Device not configured

On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, Miroslav Kes wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have 5 Disc CD-ROM changer Nakamichi MJ-5.16 (SCSI) in my 2.2.2
> (Walnut Creek CD-ROM release) machine. The problem is that I cannot
> mount more than the first disc.

[snip]

> How can I fix this ?

OK, there are possibly two things you have to do. First you must check
that your SCSI adapter is configured for "multiple lun support" as I think
this may be turned off by default (go into the adapter BIOS at boot time).

The next thing is to check /sys/scsi/scsiconf.c to see if your device is
listed there as one requiring multiple lun support.

I happen to know that it isn't - there is an entry for the 4-disk changer
which I asked to go in there but that won't pick up the 5-disk ones.. You
will need to just copy that entry and change the identifier string
slightly.. then recompile your kernel.

As a side note to those who deal with these things - you might want to
change the NAKAMICH "MJ-4*" entry to just "MJ-*" or something - this is
probably my fault since I only had the 4-disk changers at the time..

Keith.

   Why be awkward - when with a    | Keith Marshall
    little more effort you can     | Computing Officer, Templeman Library
    be downright obstructive!      | University of Kent at Canterbury.